Following the recommended immunization schedules put forth by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) provides the best protection against serious diseases. Make sure that you and your family follow the ACIP-recommended immunization schedules for these reasons:
- “Alternative” vaccination schedules delay vaccinations and leave individuals susceptible to serious diseases.
- Inadequately immunized children, adolescents, and adults are vulnerable to contracting vaccine-preventable diseases.
- ACIP-recommended immunization schedules are tested for safety and effectiveness while delayed immunization schedules are not.
- Vaccinated individuals protect those who can’t be vaccinated.
- Outbreaks of vaccine -preventable diseases pose a significant burden to families with unvaccinated individuals.
Read more about the AIM Coalition’s stance on following the routinely recommended immunization schedule.